Wednesday, 19 August 2026

5-star review of A. Seidel book from Francis Jimenez for Amazon

 

An Interesting but Very Controversial Look at the Gospels

 

Reviewed in theUnited States on August 19, 2026

Format: Kindle

This was definitely an interesting read, but it is also a book that I think you have to read with discernment. The author takes the Gospels and tries to uncover what he calls the “Earthly Story” hidden underneath the biblical account. He presents theories about Jesus, Mary Magdalene, the resurrection, the Nativity, Constantine, and even who actually wrote the Gospels.

I liked that the book made me stop, think, and go back to Scripture for myself. The author does spend a lot of time comparing passages and explaining how he reached his conclusions. However, some of the conclusions felt like very large jumps from the evidence being presented. At times, an interpretation or possibility seemed to quickly become treated as if it had already been proven. There was also some repetition, especially with the “Earthly Story” theory.

I would have liked to see more attention given to evidence that challenges the author’s conclusions, especially because the book makes some extremely significant claims about Jesus and the origins of Christianity. Even though I did not agree with many of the conclusions, it was still interesting to see how the author built his argument. I would recommend reading this as an alternative theory rather than taking everything presented as established historical fact.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment