Sunday, 12 July 2026

New 5-star review on Amazon.com from Robert Astaire

★★★ 

I received a copy of this book from SoonABook. I found it to be one of the most interesting books on religion I've read in quite some time. It retells the Gospel story from an alternative perspective, presenting what the author believes may be the true historical account. One of the more intriguing ideas is that the Jesus described in the Gospels and the baby Jesus are actually two different individuals, with the title of king referring to the child who inherited that role. The second half of the book explores who may have written the Gospels, why they were written, and the historical circumstances surrounding their creation. I also learned quite a bit about Emperor Constantine and his influence on early Christianity. Whether you agree with the author's conclusions or not, it's certainly a thought-provoking read.

No comments:

Post a Comment