I've read my fair share of non-fiction religious commentary
books, both for and against the Christian faith. So, when I picked up this one,
I expected it to repeat the same recycled arguments.
However, by the time I finished it, I was left
genuinely unsettled by its theory of what may have really happened 2,000 years
ago, because it was so well researched and carefully argued.
The book first aims to dissect the "earthly story"
of the Bible, stripping away supernatural elements to explore what might have
actually happened in a historical and scientific context. Everything presented
is supported with direct references to biblical verses. One of the most
striking claims is the suggestion that the baby Jesus described in the Bible
and the historical figure of Jesus may not be the same individual.
The second part of the book is even more intriguing. It
explores why the Bible was written, who may have authored it, and the
historical context behind figures such as angels and the Magi. It draws heavily
on historical sources and presents a layered, thought-provoking argument.
I managed to finish the book in one sitting, and it made me
question the foundations of mass religion. I'd recommend it to anyone with an
open and curious mind.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/251355135-the-secret-code-of-the-gospel-the-earthly-story
No comments:
Post a Comment